Welcome to the Douglas Shire Council Environmental website. Please read this document carefully prior to accessing or registering on this website.
Anyone with an internet connection can view the information on this website, however to participate in some of the online engagement activities such as forums, surveys and private groups you must register.
By using any aspect of this website you:
- Acknowledge, understand and agree to other policies and statements displayed on this website.
Registering to participate on this website
Registering enables you to actively participate in discussions on this website.
- When you register on this website, you will be required to input personal information. In registering you are required to provide accurate and non-misleading information.
- If you are under the age of 18 years old, your parent and/or guardian must approve your registration and be held responsible for your activities on this website.
- You are responsible for maintaining your account security and keeping your password confidential.
- Once your account has been approved by the website administrator, you will be notified by email to the email address you entered at the time of registration.
- As a registered user you will be able to access your personal dashboard via the top right hand corner of the website. The dashboard enables you to amend your personal information and view your activity on this website.
- You are responsible for all content posted and activity that occurs under your account. Any content you publish on this website is publically shared and does not remain confidential.
- In regards to how your personal information is used and stored, please refer to the Privacy Statement.
In accessing and/or participating on this website, you will refrain from:
- Behaving unlawfully.
- Misrepresenting who you are, in any which way or form, creating multiple user accounts or impersonating another person.
- Intimidating, bullying, stalking or victimising the website administrator and other registered users.
- Posting content which is irrelevant to the Resilient Coast program.
- Posting content which you do not own/or is copyrighted or patented.
- Promoting or selling any goods and/or services.
- Transmitting content which is a solicitation whether it be spamming or advertising.
- Posting of pornographic or illegal content.
- Transmitting or distributing of virus, worms and malware which is technologically harmful, disruptive and unlawful.
- Attempting to hack the service, corrupt data, gain unauthorised access to or sabotage the security of this website and/or its hosting.
- Attempt to extract the source code of the website.
Consent to receive email communications
At times the Douglas Shire Council Resilient Coast program may wish to provide you with further information or updates. At any time you can unsubscribe via the link provided in the email submission or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
To the extent permitted by law, My Business App Pty Ltd, its clients (Douglas Shire Council), employees and partners exclude all liability in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, arriving from or in connection with this software and the website content.
Your use of this website is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an ‘as is’ and ‘as available basis’. You understand that My Business App Pty Ltd, uses third party hosting partners to provide the necessary networking and storage required to support the software.